The Come On In My Kitchen series continues with a big BANG! It is my privilege to bring the next guest in, although he really needs no introduction. Come on and put your hands together for Luxembourg’s number one son, and my friend, the mighty DJ Blueprint! As always, he comes correct with another of his patented funk workouts that’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat, if you’re not already out of it… Here’s what he served up for our hungry ears…
01. bill withers – harlem (a&m)
02. henry ford – i love you and need you (starfall)
03. flame and the sons of darkness – solid funk (p&p)
04. the founders – i don’t want a second hand love (triode)
05. 1984 – there’s a wrinkle in your time (tramp)
06. otis and carla – tramp (atlantic)
07. abraham and the metronomes – party (funk 45)
08. howard tate – that’s what happens (lp’s turntable)
09. jb’s wedge – bessie (brownstone)
10. les cooper and his soul rockers – wahoo (samar)
11. lee fields and sugarman co – stand up (daptone)
12. jungle jim – masai (do the masai children) (renee)
13. billy garner – i got some (fryers)
14. the whitefield brothers – yakuba (field)
15. the olympics – the same old thing (mirwood)
16. the golden toadstools – silly savage (minaret)
17. fantastic johnny c – hitch it to the horse (phil-la-of-soul)
18. lou pride – im com’un home in the morn’un (suemi/jazzman)
Please download and enjoy this 67 MB mp3 file, and be sure to visit thisistomorrow.blogspot.com for even more, but you don’t need me to tell you that now do you… Thank you so much for the blessings, Mike.
Remember kids, there’s more to come, including a couple more special guests just added today… if you want to come on in my kitchen and serve up some of your favourite goodies, feel free to drop a comment. Have a good week everyone and as always, be safe. I’ll see you all in a few days.
Peace and blessings.